What you can do to support Marissa Alexander
Now is the time to unite and intensify our efforts in spreading the word about Marissa's case and demanding her complete freedom.
Marissa is a survivor of domestic violence, and is only facing charges because of this racist and unjust legal system. There is no crime in defending yourself from abuse. Marissa acted in self-defense and injured no one. She should not be subjected to a second trial. All charges against her should be dropped immediately.
- Sign the online petition
- Send a letter to State Attorney Angela Corey (just takes a minute with our easy-to-use online mechanism)
- Circulate the offline petition (downloadable PDF)
- Circulate an informational flyer to help spread the word (downloadable PDF)
- List a local event in your city
- Send a letter to Marissa Alexander at Marissa Alexander, PO Box 23872, Jacksonville, FL 32257
Sign-up to receive emails from WORD to find out about future actions!
Do you like this post?