You are invited to the SoCal Women's Organizing Conference!
Saturday, June 29
Women Fight Back - The Status Quo Must Go!
Organizing Conference & Workshops
Unite Here! building
464 Lucas Ave, 12 noon
You are invited to join Women Organized to Resist and Defend (WORD) and other feminist and women’s organizations for a regional Women’s Organizing Conference on Saturday, June 29.
The conference is a unique and exciting opportunity to connect with other activists, students, labor organizers and women of all ages from throughout Southern California for a day of learning, sharing experiences and building the movement for equality for women.
Join us and our allies on Saturday, June 29th to learn more about the important struggle to defend women's rights and how you can be part of this new, fighting movement.
There will be speakers, workshops, discussion and opportunities for action. Get involved in the fight for women's rights!
Conference workshops and topics will include:
- The fight for reproductive rights: Building the movement to gain access to safe legal abortion, birth control and contraception for all!
- Defending women in the workplace: Women in the labor movement and fighting for equality on the job!
- Stop Violence Against Women – Smash Rape Culture: Building the movement to end violence against women!
- Full equality for all people: Women in the struggle against racism, for immigrants rights, for LGBT rights and equality for all!
...and much more!
Speakers will include:
- Suyapa Portillo, Professor of Chican@ Latin@ Transnational Studies at Pitzer College; Organizer for the Honduras and Latin American Solidarity Movement
- Bamby Salcedo, The Center for Transyouth at LA Children’s Hospital; President, TransLatin@ Coalition
- Carla Osorio, Boyle Heights Project Coordinator, East Los Angeles Women’s Center
- Jollene Levid, National Chairperson, AF3irm (Association of Filipinas, Feminists Fighting Imperialism)
- Cheryl Zarate, Vice Chair, Kabataang Maka-Bayan (KmB)
- Gloria La Riva, President, Typographical Sector CWA Local 3952
Lunch and childcare will be provided.
The requested entrance fee is a $10 donation. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.